Aloe vera can undoubtedly be called the wonder plant due to its numerous qualities. While Ayurveda has been using and praising aloe vera for aeons, its usage in daily life has become really popular in recent times. Its antibacterial and antioxidant properties make it a good substitute for antibiotics in bacterial skin and hair infections, including acne, psoriasis, dandruff, etc. Though it has many beneficial effects on human health, a lot of us don't know how to use it for best results. Let us tell you some easy ways to use aloe vera in daily life.
Here are the ways to use Aloe Vera in your daily life:
1. Direct skin application:Natural is always the best. We all have heard that it is best to consume raw fruits and vegetables, then why not use raw plants too. Aloe vera is one such plant which can be directly rubbed on the skin for clean and glowing skin. Just take a leaf of aloe vera plant (that looks like a cactus leave but without thorns) and cut it into two halves to get the gooey translucent gel. This gel is the actual product of use. With the help of a spoon, take out the gel and rub it directly on the skin. It is rich in various nutrients like Vitamin A, B, C, E, beta carotene and amino acids that prevent ageing and help in skin rejuvenation.
2. Consuming aloe vera gel orally:Though the gel is very bitter in taste, its health benefits make aloe vera worth it. Just take the gel or whole leaves of aloe vera, blend it in a blender and drink it after straining. You can add some honey and lemon into this juice to make it taste better. This juice is highly beneficial for the stomach and improves digestion. It can also reduce the incidence of stomach ulcers.
3. Aloe vera for beauty:You must have seen various aloe vera based beauty products in the market. They are generally costly and may have other chemicals too. So, it is best to make your own beauty products with aloe vera and get all its benefits in its purest form.
3.1 Aloe vera scrub: In half a cup of aloe vera gel, add 1 cup of sugar and 2 tbsp of lemon juice. The scrub will exfoliate your skin, remove dead cells, reduce tan or scars, and deep cleanse your face and body.
3.2 Aloe vera face pack: Make a paste by mixing 2 tbsp of aloe vera gel, 1 tbsp of curd, some cucumber juice and few drops of rose water. Cleanse your face with water and apply this paste all over except eyes. Leave it for around 20 mins and then rinse with normal water for clean and glowy skin.
4. Aloe vera for hair:Aloe vera is rich in proteolytic enzymes that can not only repair the dead cells but can also condition the hair to make it smooth and shiny. It relieves scalp itching and dandruff, promotes hair growth and even prevents hair breakage. Aloe vera is one perfect plant that offers all these benefits. So, mix equal quantities of extra virgin coconut oil and aloe vera gel and apply all over hair and scalp. Leave for as long as possible and then wash with mild shampoo for smooth and silky hair.
5. Aloe vera for weight loss:One of the lesser known benefits of aloe vera is its role in weight loss. Being rich in various nutrients, it can aid weight loss by improving the effectiveness of a restricted diet and fulfilling daily nutritional requirements. Just mix equal quantities of aloe vera juice with any other juice (to make it edible) and consume it regularly for long-term weight loss effects.
So do you believe aloe vera is a wonder plant now? Get your hands on some aloe leaves, or better yet, keep a plant in your house and make best of its goodness.