In today’s day and age when stress, chaos, and unhealthy lifestyle practices inundate our lives, stress relief oils become essential. Along with habits, such as getting proper sleep, having a balanced meal, and exercising, additional steps like aromatherapy via oils can help. If you want to know how different types of oils can assist in stress management, read ahead!
What are Stress-relief Oils?
In simple words, we can understand stress relief oils as essential oils composed of flowers, herbs, and other tree parts like barks, roots, and petals. The cells that provide fragrance to the plant are their ‘essence.’ When an essence is extracted from a plant, we call it essential oil.
It takes a large amount of plant product to produce essential oils. For instance, surprisingly or unsurprisingly, more than 200 pounds of lavender flowers are used to make a single pound of lavender essential oil. Some of the most common stress-relieving essential oils include lemon, lavender, cedar wood, chamomile, and more. They are a regular part of aromatherapy.
The Three Best Ayurvedic Oils for Stress Relief
Some of the best Ayurvedic oils for stress relief include –
- Lavender – It is one of the most sought-after stress relief oils revered for excellent calming effects on the body and body. Besides, lavender is also alleged to mitigate anxiety and release stress. A study published in the International Journal of Nursing Practice reveals that aromatherapy using 3 percent lavender oil spray on clothing is quite effective in lessening work-related stress for three to four days.
- Lemongrass – The second Ayurvedic oil for stress relief and anxiety reduction is lemongrass. It is sourced from the lemongrass herb. Inhaling the fragrance of lemongrass oil might promote relaxation and reduce symptoms of anxiety. A study published in the Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine in 2015 illustrates that exposure to lemongrass might cause an instant reduction in anxiety and tension.
- Neroli – Thirdly, neroli is a vital stress-relief oil that can also possibly ease symptoms of anxiety. Anecdotal evidence and hearsay suggest that inhaling the scent of neroli can foster calmness and prohibit excessive worrying. Besides, health institutions in some countries also use neroli inhalation as a sedative procedure.
- Zen Oil – Last but not least, a very potent and effective stress-relief oil worth considering is Zen oil. It has incredible Ayurvedic ingredients that assist in relieving stress, reducing worries, and giving you a goodnight’s sleep. Zen oil contains ingredients, such as Ashwagandha, Bhringaraj, Brahmi, etc., which come together to help improve your overall mood and quality of life.
Importance of Stress relief Oil in 2023
Some of the benefits of stress-relief oil during aromatherapy and massages are –
- Boost in feelings of relaxation
- Mitigation of stress, depression and anxiety
- Improvement in overall quality of life
- Improvement in sleep
- Fending off bacteria present on the skin
So, there we have it, a crisp overview of the three best Ayurvedic oils for stress relief and why such oils are important in today’s day and age. At Sandook, we offer state-of-the-art oils so that you stay stress-free and happy every day. Our products are a getaway from life’s chaos, especially curated by unearthing years’ old Ayurvedic secrets.